2.1 Beta 2 is available for free download now in 15 languages and makes a huge list of new
functionality available to a wider testing audience for the first time.
Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for testers only and might
still show some problems in everyday use. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have
and encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
In addition to the changes in the alpha releases, and our first beta release, this version
features the following new
- The new Data Manager is opened instead of the previous separate management windows.
- Sync (f.k.a. Weave) is now included directly in SeaMonkey. Sync allows you to keep your
browsing history, passwords, bookmarks, preferences and tabs in sync across different
devices (computers) in a secure way.
- The new DoNotTrack HTTP header can be configured in Preferences, Privacy & Security
- Lightweight themes (Personas) support for the Address Book, Composer, and MailNews windows.
- Much improved startup speed.
- WebGL and D3D are now enabled where supported
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2 is
for free download on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and
installed this release, we’d like to encourage you to
get involved in
discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!