SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 2 is available for free download now in 24 languages and makes a list of new functionality available to a wider testing audience for the first time. Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for testers only and might still show some problems in everyday use. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
This version is built on top of Gecko 6 and features the following new improvements:
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Support for OS X Lion
Major SeaMonkey Specific changes since 2.2:
- The Data Manager has been made compatible with IPv6 and more tolerant against other errors (bug 665826).
- Forwarding an .eml message caused a message compose error (bug 673049).
- Opening certain message attachments did not work anymore (bug 665313).
- The context menu was broken in the browser after it was called in MailNews once (bug 674246).
The changes page lists a more detailed overview of new features and fixes relative to our last stable release, SeaMonkey 2.2.
We welcome any and all discussions on this beta on our newsgroups, or you can even file a bug if you find one. Be sure to check our Known Issues prior to filing bugs.
SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 2 is available for free download on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we’d like to encourage you to get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!
~Justin Wood (Callek), SeaMonkey Release Engineer
I’m a bit disappointed of Seamonkey 2.1 and higher. At this time, I’m using 2.2 at work but there are many bugs which was working without problems in Seamonkey 2.0.14 like:
– Context-menu of the attachments in mails doesn’t show all points
– adding new languages for auto-spell check while writing mails. There is the point “add more…” but by selecting this nothing happens. (Instead of opening the website where I can select which language I want to add.
– Even with deactivating the tabbed mode, the new about:-windows comes in a tab instead of a new window.
– The new order for the tab-key in the mail-client is not completely better. To switch [tab] for left to right and [shift-tab] for right to left is ok, but in the search-bar it should be vice versa like in a circle of all positions.
– At my at home actual 2.0.14 I’m not able to change the language for auto-spell check in browser like for writing in this text-box. Please make a language-selection in the browser-window too.
– If possible, please make it possible to temporary deactivate plugins like from quicktime.
Even if all this sounds challenging, thanks for all people particularly to the programmers for all the work which you put in creating an continuing Seamonkey! I use it since it was (the real) Mozilla and I’m sure I will use it in the future too.
In my company I pre-install it on all computers for the colleagues which only looks for which browsers are included. Here they should have an better alternative of IE.
Another problem is in composer: Try to doubleclick on a picture to open the properties or singleclick to resize the picture by its corners.
There will not open a windows and there will come no boxes at the corners.
But the picture jumps up and down in the text with each click or sometimes it will be copied to both positions.
I have been having problems with Seamonkey beyond 3.0.14. I need to get at email folders attached to my mail to look at old saved mail, and I have not been able to do it with versions beyond 3.0.14. The folders are there; I can still save mail, but they can not be easily accessed. Notes say that the versions can’t use one attachment that may be the problem.
es gibt eine neue Version SeaMonkey 2.3.2
Aber in Hilfe/Über SeaMonkey steht noch alte Version 2.3.1
Vermutlich habt Ihr vergessen dies zu ändern,weil bei FF steht 6.01