SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 3 is available for free download now in 24 languages and makes a list of new functionality available to a wider testing audience for the first time. Please note that this pre-release version is still intended for testers only and might still show some problems in everyday use. As always, we appreciate any feedback you may have and encourage users to help us by filing bugs.
This version is built on top of Gecko 6 and features the following new improvements:
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Support for OS X Lion
SeaMonkey Specific changes since 2.3 Beta 2:
- If a page did not load and the Try Again button appeared, it was disabled after a second page load failure (bug 671466).
- After loading an HTML file in Composer, red borders around tables were gone (Bug 664095).
- There were issues related to Sync with windows other than the initial one (Bug 639970).
- After an update, tabs were restored but not loaded, except for the first one (bug 675162).
The changes page lists a more detailed overview of new features and fixes relative to our last stable release, SeaMonkey 2.2.
We welcome any and all discussions on this beta on our newsgroups, or you can even file a bug if you find one. Be sure to check our Known Issues prior to filing bugs.
SeaMonkey 2.3 Beta 3 is available for free download on the SeaMonkey website. Once you have downloaded and installed this release, we’d like to encourage you to get involved in discussing and reporting problems as well as further improving the product.
Thanks for testing and helping us to make SeaMonkey even better!
~Justin Wood (Callek), SeaMonkey Release Engineer