Quick update…

I did say I was going to update everyone on the progress.

All platform builds (win32, osx64, linux32 and contrib linux64) are complete.  Repacks are done for Linux32 and OSX64.  Currently doing the Win32 repacks.

I believe the ETA (*emphasis on the E*) should be around Thursday/Friday, provided there are no surprises (update process failing, update verification problems,  etc..).

:ewong

Next release is 2.49.2…and..

I just (after a false start) triggered the builds for SeaMonkey 2.49.2.

Theoretically speaking, there shouldn’t be any issues (touch wood) as it’s pretty much an update to the code for 2.49.1.  and with no major infra changes required, it *should* be ok (did I mention touch wood?).

Will keep everyone updated as soon as I get some feedback from the builders.

:ewong

Download links are ok now

Hi Everyone,

Yes… I goofed up and what I had thought was uploaded wasn’t.

The download links are now working.

Sorry for my bad.

:ewong

404 error

Please note…  getting a 404 error when trying to download from the release links?

Working on this issue right now.  sorry for the mess.

:ewong

2.49.1 is out

Hi all,

After struggling and fixing and struggling more, the SeaMonkey project team wishes to announce that SeaMonkey 2.49.1 is finally out!

Now… it’s fixing the infrastructure, l10n and testing..and updates…

:ewong

Re: Future releases

The changes coming out of the m-c woodwork is a tad bit ‘difficult’ to keep up with, especially with the <sarcasm> huge amount of resources that we have at our disposal.

That said, future releases will be delayed (*sigh*  I mean even *more* delayed) until we get rid of all these monkeys off our collective backs.  Monkeys?  I meant (insert your disliked animal/insect/whatever).  Do note we will release security fixes, should they be required.

The list of required action items:

  1. Infrastructure migration
  2. Aus2->balrog migration
  3. Testing infrastructure fixes
  4. L10n fixes/revamp
  5. Clean up code
  6. Understand where we stand with respect to what’s coming out of the m-c woodwork and how SeaMonkey should ‘evolve’. (I have no answer here tbh.)

This list is tentative as I’m probably missing a few items.   While there are ‘only’ 6 items, the amount of work for each of these items is very involved so they require time and effort amongst the already hectic schedule we run on a daily basis.

As an addendum to this, I appreciate the work that fellow SeaMonkey contributor frg, and the guys at #maildev to keep c-c building.  Without them, SeaMonkey’s future would certainly not be too positive (i.e. biting the dust).  So kudos to their hardwork and effort.

As a contributor to the project, I would like to thank our users for their patience with us and I hope you guys/gals stay with us as we move forward in our quest to dominate the world! (*muahahahaha*)

(*sigh*  yeah … feeble humor… sorry)

:ewong

 

 

 

2.49.1 is being spun…

Well, it started a month or so ago but hit a roadblock.  It’s now progressing on..

Not really sure what’s going to happen afterwards since post 2.49.1, a lot of stuff that SeaMonkey depend on will be scrapped so 2.49.1 ESR will be the ‘stable’ release until we figure out our next move with respects to what SeaMonkey’s going to be like in the near/distant future.

Thanks for your continual patience.

:ewong

Contributed Win64 builds…

Hi All,

I’ve finally managed to generate Win64 contributed builds for both the Installer and the zip file .

Since this is the very *first* Win64 contributed build, please run it with a new profile.

Disclaimer:  While I have tried it myself, I’m not able to test it out thoroughly since there are other stuff I need to do (enable Official Linux64 builds for one, getting the updates properly done, etc..)  Please do report here or the newsgroups as to how it fairs on your system.

 

2.48 is out!

Dear all,

While not as long in the tooth and as hard as 2.46, 2.48 was still long enough and finally, I can say that it is out!

Please try it out and see.

Do note that updates are still not working so if you need to update, please install the new one manually.

I know… I know.  I need to get the updates done yesterday….  but hey.. we are getting closer to being up to date with the trees (yes, irrelevant to the updates issue…  just trying to redirect your attention elsewhere.. ;P )

Next up, 2.49 beta …

:ewong

 

2.48 is spinning… (and so is my head)…

Greetings All,

Just a FYI, that we are spinning 2.48…  yes.  It’s been a long time; but, as much as I would like, Murphy isn’t taking his long deserved holiday..  Really, Murphy…  TAKE YOUR HOLIDAY!

Anyway, I expect to have a choppy ride (re: Murphy) so can’t state when 2.48 will be released.  (First bump already hit.  We had 2 OSX systems running and both decided to go AWOL.  They were back. Now one decided to return to going AWOL.  So we’re down to 1 OSX builder.  (*oh yay*) ;/ )

However, what I do know is the fact that updates aren’t working so when 2.48 is released,  the usual “download and install” will have to suffice.  This is something I’m sorry about as I had hoped to get 2.48 on the updates train….  but it’s just so darn complicated.

Will keep you guys/gals posted.

:ewong